Monday, October 30, 2006

The Military Commissions Act; A Different Look

I have started this piece numerous times, and on each occasion I’ve been unable to keep the momentum going. This subject matter is so vitally important to me, to you, and to all Americans, that it must be dealt with carefully and thoroughly. I thought of doing what I usually do, toss out some facts and surround it with my opinion and interpretation of whatever the subject matter was about. In this case, the facts would be that Habeus Corpus has always been a mainstay of our judicial system, a last bastion for those who are facing less than credible charges. Or, that I began to see the impact of the erosion of these rights soon after the Republicans took office in 1994, as avenues of appeal disappeared for those who could least afford their absence, those being Death Row inmates. Done with the simple goal in mind of speeding up the death machine, regardless of the guilt or innocence of the accused or convicted. Or that now, the destruction of this once standard of American jurisprudence, has unalterably changed all of our lives. All of that would have been true, make no mistake about it.

The new Military Commissions Act, recently signed into law by George W. Boosh does just that, changes all of our lives. It erases the line between “us and them,” in more ways than one. It hurts us morally and in world standing by allowing us to detain and torture whoever we want to without regard to any law, either international or domestic. At least as, if not more importantly, it allows the US government, OUR government, to treat any of the thousands of Muslims or would be Muslims, Al Qaeda operatives or would be Al Qaeda operatives, or ANY ONE OF US who happen to fall within the bizarre fantasy world definition by Boosh or one of his thugs, as an “enemy combatant.” We could end up in Gitmo or any other CIA hellhole at the whim of a madman, without recourse. Yes, this act allows for all of that. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, you can be simply whisked away without notice to anyone nor access to any court for however long they choose to keep you. This possibility is now indisputable. Yes, that is what I could have done, but in this case it just wasn’t working. I don't know, maybe later I will come back and cover this topic in a more conventional manner. But for now, I decided not to “stay the course,” but to change direction entirely and look at this from a different angle, an angle that allows me to use my father as Exhibit A. This is not an easy thing for me to do, and may well be why I have struggled with it so much. Any of you who had a father, grandfather, uncle, or anyone close to you who fought in WWII might to be able to relate.

Fighting For Your Country

In my view, the last war that was fought under the grand old US notion of “fighting for your country” was WWII. Since then, each and every war we have entered into has had nothing to do with actually protecting America or the American people, but has always had some hidden agenda that would allow for us to gain something that we needed at the time. Sometimes that agenda is obvious, such as the current Iraq fiasco and its connection to Oil, other times the agenda has not been so obvious. Some to this day are inexplicable, at least to me. Regardless, they have not been fought for the right reasons. But, back to my father.

My Father and WWII

My father was an Army soldier in WWII, a “grunt” if you will. He also became a Prisoner of War, held on a German Hospital ship for a few months. His “company” was attacking a wooded position held by the Germans outside of Woelfling, France. Specifically, according to letters received by my grandfather from the Adjutant General’s Office of the War Department, his “point of departure” was: FIFTY YARDS OF RAILROAD, 1 ¼ MILES NORTH OF WOELFLING, FRANCE. There my father dove into what he thought was an empty machine gun nest, only to find that it was not empty. He was shot five to seven times in the neck, jaw and face. It was only when his “company” regrouped that it was realized that he was not with them, along with an unknown number (to me at least) of other soldiers. This event occurred on January 6, 1945. Using today’s terminology that is when he officially “went missing.” After spending 90+ days on a German hospital ship, then in a land based hospital, he was eventually located by American Military Officials on April 8, 1945. The Army, in a telegram, notified my grandfather that he had been found, hospitalized “IN EUROPEAN AREA PERIIOD (sic) HOSPITAL.” My father was released to the US Army shortly thereafter, and eventually returned to the United States where the long process of rebuilding his face began. Thankfully, he recovered for the most part, physically at least. Mentally, I’m not sure he ever left that machine gun nest FIFTY YARDS OF RAILROAD, 1 ¼ MILES NORTH OF WOELFLING, FRANCE.

This all happened many wars ago, and 11 years before my birth. I only knew that I grew up with a father who had been wounded in WWII, an obvious thing when one looked at his face and tried to dig into his tortured soul. I wish that I could tell you that you would know who my father was, that he was some Great War hero whose name you would recognize, but I can’t. He was merely a man who entered the military to fight for his country, at a time when his country and the rest of the world were in grave danger and truly needed his service.

My father returned home, married my mother and immediately became a functional alcoholic. His alcoholism was not noticeable to me until I became an adult, or close to it, because he hid it well, and quite frankly I wasn’t paying much attention. I had a life to live, sports to be played, girls to chase and growing up to do. As I became older, I asked him on several occasions about the war. He would never speak of it, at least not until one of the last civil conversations I ever recall having with him. During that conversation he told me that “war was hell,” that he had “killed many people,” and that “had the Germans not run out of gasoline they would have won the war.” That was pretty much the extent of it, as near as I can recall today.

You see, my father and I didn’t get along too well near the end. His alcoholism was too much for me to deal with, I didn’t understand how, or why one would “choose” to be the way he turned out to be. I didn’t understand the complexities of what forms a human being and alters their conduct, nor should I have been expected to. I was simply too young. Now I do understand that he did not “choose” to be what he was, or became, but was simply escaping the “hell” that lived inside his mind. My father could have been the poster child for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. That phraseology didn’t exist back then, it was simply known as shell shock. Whatever you call it, I witnessed and lived it up close and personal. Now that I better understand it, I can forgive him for all that happened.

What does any of this have to do with the Military Commissions Act, you must be asking by now? To me, it has everything to do with it. My father, who by the way I am now proud of, was a prisoner of war during a brutal engagement with perhaps the future of the entire world at stake. Yet, he wasn’t tortured. My father was “fighting for his country” in the truest sense of the phrase, against perhaps the most brutal dictator the world has yet to produce, and still he wasn’t tortured. I guess even Adolph Hitler believed in and played by a few rules. My father gave his life for this country, for the freedoms we have or at least had. No, he didn’t die in combat, like over 3000 of our young men and women have during this version of the Iraq war. But, he gave his life nonetheless. Because he never recovered from the horrors of the war. Though functional, he was not far from the Vets that you see on the street these days mumbling to themselves. I would venture to guess that he would have been died a happier man had he not survived the incident FIFTY YARDS OF RAILROAD, 1 ¼ MILES NORTH OF WOELFLING, FRANCE. That is a sad statement, but one I believe to be true.

The stroke of a Pen

A short time ago, with one stroke of a pen, George W. Boosh made folly of the price that my father and thousands just like him paid for our freedoms, freedoms including the protections of the Geneva Conventions and Habeus Corpus. A man chosen to lead this nation; a dimwit cowboy who would make a poor used car salesman; a coward who could not manage to fulfill the minimum requirements of service to keep himself out of a later war so that he had to be bailed out by Daddy and his name; a man so desperate to hold onto power for his political party that he is willing to do anything to cover up his lies and deceit; a man who in pursuit of OIL is willing to send our children and fathers and mothers and husbands and wives, but not his own, into the abyss called Iraq; a man who without hesitation feeds the rich and starves the poor and laughs about it along the way while calling the rich his “base,”; a man who I despise more than any on the face of this earth; with one stroke of his pen, spit on the grave of my father. He also spit on the graves or in the faces of all others who fought in the last legitimate war this country has been involved in. He lied before he did it, lied while he did it, continues to lie afterwards, and will undoubtedly continue with his lies until he carries his smirk to his grave. George W. Boosh has crossed a line that has never before been crossed, not even by the likes of a monster like Adolph Hitler. I hope that I can someday learn to forgive him, like I learned to forgive my father.

Cyclone

47 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the writing of a traitor.

Of course, will delete my post because YOU don't want to hear the TRUTH.

Phony!

You only want to hear the words of those who follow your words.

 
At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous 12.26
Please explain why you think that cyclone is a traitor and what the TRUTH is. In my opinion the real traitor(s) is the administration that is currently destroying everything that is good about the USA. We live in an increasingly dangerous and hostile world made worse by the action / inaction of Bush and co (I am deeply ashamed of the part played in the Iraq debacle by the government of my own country). Do you really believe that invading Iraq, threatening Iran ignoring climate change and giving the green light to the practice of torture are the actions of a government acting in your interests? I'd be interested in your responce.

Cyclone, thanks for sharing your Fathers story I'm sure it was a difficult post for you.
Regards

Aaron

 
At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Belgium,

Anonymous 12.26,

If you are not even prepared to identify yourself, even by a pseudonym then you are as much of a coward as George W Bush.

Do you work for an American Government Agency and are you trying to make mischief?
I think you have been rumbled.

Thank you for sharing your personal experiences with us Cyclone, it gives practical meaning to what your (elected?) representatives are doing.

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Anonymous 12:26,

No, sorry, your "post," which would actually be called a "comment," will not be deleted. Nor are any others. This is a free speech zone. It is too bad that your comment happens to be first up as it might lead people to conclude that only morons participate at this site, but so be it.

I don't want to hear the TRUTH? Why don't you tell me that TRUTH? I will be happy to listen, and adjust accordingly should you be able to sway me. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to start digging to find out who you are. It is such a chore, but some things just have to be done. And, rest assured, I will let everyone else know all that I can find out about you once that task is completed. Anonynimity is not what it once was. The ironic thing is, you can thank the current administration and Congress for that!

Thanks for your concise and telling contribution,

Cyclone

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous 12:26 AM loves watching snuff theater and playing max payne, max payne 2, man hunt, hitman I to IV and bully. Social cleaning is the name of the game. All of these are superb shows and games.

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! I have read the response to the First Anony. I think the First Anony has a valid point. And it is very obvious that Cylone's lock-step liberals have responded in-kind.

And it is also rather obvious that Cyclone's show of force responders respond under thinly disguised aliases.

Furthermore, it is sad that the liberal democratic party lock-steppers all sing the same tune. That is "anti-Bush, anti-Bush, "anti-Bush."

Perhaps one of you, or all of you, could write music to that repetitive lyric.

Same old liberal Bush-hating song. It ain't gonna gitcha into the White House.

Er, and try to have your aliases write a little different prose each time.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this description "A man chosen to lead this nation; a dimwit cowboy who would make a poor used car salesman".

Anoymous 5.24 it's interesting that you choose to insult rather than engage in debate, is this because you've realised that those you've been supporting and voting for all these years really are as corrupt as has been shown here on this site. It sounds to me like you're lashing out in fear, listen mate, most of us have been led astray by trusting our leaders to act with integrity it's nothing to be ashamed of. However I urge you to do some research and work out for yourself whether what you read on cyclone's blog is truth or nonsense.
As for an anti-bush song I suggest you google "Dear mr President" by Pink.

Interesting that the Pentagon has set up a unit to "better promote its message across 24-hour rolling news outlets, and particularly on the internet."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/
americas/6101178.stm
"The unit would reportedly monitor media such as web logs".

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Belgium,

I thought it was the people from Fort Susquehanna (?) but it is just a kid with the administration he deserves. When we find out whom it is maybe we can fit him up with a tour of enemy combatancy and then see what song he sings. From what he tells us, I think he would like that. Then he may find that it is the present administration that has been a traitor to the American people but by that time it will be too late.
I feel much cheered up; we can accept this sort of stuff, ignore it and let anon quietly sink back into the green slime life form from where he came.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

To All:

This is the last I will say re: anonymous 12:26 and anonymous 5:24, who happen to be the same person. Pretty obvious when you suggest that others change their writing style when pretending to be other people, which is precisely what you have done, but it might work in some other places you visit.

Folks, it is not the Fort, but someone from Minneapolis, MN. This person is using Pixius Communications LLC---- host: 69-230-173.230.69.dialup.infinetivity.com----- The IP address is 209.73.230.69-----He/She spent 4 hours, 20 minutes, 10 seconds on the blog last night, 13 minutes 53 seconds this morning, as of now anyway.

Anonymous, I would also suggest an upgrade to your computer equipment. You are currently running Windows 95 with a resolution of 800x600, which probably would not support the "games" that you allege to enjoy playing so much. And dialup? Come on, surely a city the size of Minneapolis has broadband capacity, but to each his own I guess. You probably don't have a job anyway, so I shouldn't judge, but whatever the case, don't blame the blazing economy!(how am I doing so far?)

If you honestly believe that you will disrupt what we have here, I think you will be sadly mistaken. Others can blast away at you all they want, but I am done. Have a nice life, and PLEASE visit your nearest computer store. You are embarassing yourself!

Cyclone

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lilac said ...

Cyclone

The quick and ignorant responses of our favorite right wing idiots, should be taken as a tribute to your post.

When you write well and effectively the lurkers feel they have to respond. The ignorance of their comments stand as a testimony to the weakness of their position.

This was one of your best posts, and I do understand how hard it would of been to write it.

Thanks for your courage.

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous,

Well, again we hear from the anonymous crowd that cannot speak in anything other than accusations. I always feel somewhat amused by this way of communicating, but sad too. It takes neither skill nor cogent thinking to make an accusation without information or an explanation of the accusation. It is the same technique that is used by people through history to smear and create mayhem and not be held responsible for their views. In our political climate today, it is so common as to be called normal, and certainly has been codified by the present administration. Shades of McCarthy.

Why don't you try and convince us of an opposing point of view rather than spewing invectives? If you are going to make an accusation that someone is a lock step liberal, then don't engage in lock step conservatism yourself. You indicate that your great enjoyment is playing computer games, you know, those activities that blow out the brain cells and create good tin soldiers. You might try learning something new for a while so you can effectively communicate ideas. But that may be wishful thinking on my part. So far, I honestly have not had a cogent argument supporting the neocon political agenda presented to me, in print or speech, and believe me, I search for it.

So if you desire to have anyone change their mind, I would suggest a different tactic. For the present presentations you have made only make yourself appear foolish and stupid.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyclone,
This is your best post ever. It's got me thinking about my dad as well. He did four years in the Army during WWII and then got re-called and did 2 more years in Korea. Toward the end of his life he was finally awarded 100% veterans disability for being a mental case. Very difficult to live with. But, no torture. Can't imagine what he'd have been like if he had experienced anything like Abu Grabe as well.
I think history will judge Bush harshly. But, his minion, Atty. Gen. Gonzales, will be right with him. Much like Hesse or Gehring or Goebbles (sorry if these are spelled incorrectly), our attorney general will be on the All Time Infamy List with Pol Pot and Rumsfled and Chaney.
Every sincere American has a responsibility to see that these recent "laws" that negate our freedom and morph our country into the opposite of everything our forefathers struggled and died for, are repealed.
I have to admit that I find it intimidating. There is such a thing as terrorism. The threat of incarceration without legal recourse and torture are terrifying to me.
And to think that some little cretanous troll like the one who began the comments could be a potential guard in an American gulag is unacceptable.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anoy 12:26, I'm sure will be expecting a little something in response to your comment, you know i am a peacefull person by nature but i am also Cherokee and god help you if you ever come face to face with Stoney or myself,first of all we would have a little talk and if that was not sufficent enough then would come the difficult part,i will let you envision that.
My father was also in WW2 and served this country till it was over and when he came home i was proud that he actually maybe of given his life for this country, against real enemies,i would encourage you before you start spouting your ignorant mouth what the facts are in regard to the group of Fascism pointed puke bags that are intent to enslave the entire world, are you really that stupid, i'll bet your father fucked your sister and hence,there you are,sorry for the rant but its just so goddam crazy that people can not see the ruins in front of their eyes!!
i would pray for your soul friend and i think that all that inhabit this site will too.
the language is appropiate in this instance i think, you are indeed lucky that this is such a forgiving place.
montana freeman

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyclone...Since when is TREASON a forgiveable sin? I don't think the person in the the office of the President of this country should ever be forgiven!!!
The Professor

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous 12:26

I am still waiting to hear the truth. Your post has not been deleted so in good faith I will await to read your words of truth if you have the depth of character to put those words to public scrutiny.

I am doubtful that you will express your version of the truth, as I have if not once but a thousand times laid witness to your type who come onto a blog, throw about your verbal diahrea and then leave.

I will say this though. I still support your right to express your views, participate in opposing dialogue and for that will fight those who would have you put away for expressing your views.

If that makes me a traitor so be it, but I have made my decisions concerning this rogue administration based on solid information. If you have informationthat could enlighten me I wish to hear it.

and Cyclone, once again a very well thought out post, that really does speak directly to what the country as a whole, has lost.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger stoney13 said...

Cyclone,

This is probably the best post you've written to date! I can add nothing except to say Well Done!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Reality said...

Cyclone,

As much as our current government likes to politicize our soldiers' suffering, as much as they like to ignore their losses, as much as they like to sweep away the lasting damage that war has on their very soul; we cannot, as a people, forget them. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, or Iraq; these soldiers just do their job. They are all the same. They all deserve our support.

Likewise, anyone who seeks to profit from their suffering or politicize their sacrifice deserves no forgiveness, and no mercy.

I have seen your father, Cyclone. He is the face of the American Soldier. I weep, and give thanks, for his sacrifice. He was and is a true hero.

I also thank you for your sacrifice because, as you know, the soldier is not the man, but also his family. They all join together. The tour does not end when you come home.

Thank you, Cyclone, for the post. Your father will not be forgotten, and neither will your story.

Reality

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon 12:26 was clearly a false flag comment meant to drum up support.

but seriously...

cyclone, presumably you have a distaste for the powers that be abusing their power and access to information. but you are quick to try to intimidate anon 12:26 with the information you have. please post your ip address to assure everyone that your revalation wasn't mean spirited. surely you could have just told us that both anons were the same ip without opening him up to possible retribution.

you guys are all about the truth here right? if that guy is talking out his ass then people will figure it out. one random jackass should be water off a ducks back to you.

and posting anon isn't necessarily a sign of fear. there are probably lots of lurkers who don't want to bother making an account.

-signed not anon 12:26

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyclone

Your post was very touching and gives me a different perspective of your life experiences and what this country should be about or was about once.

Thank you

You know I've not noticed these people before, guess it’s getting close to an election.

I don't care to waste time on a non-issue like this. If an argument can't be made or real facts be presented get with it. Your post may stay because Cyclone believes everyone has the right to say what they thinks Unfortunately not everyone has there brain engaged when they post.

This is not the only place I've seen someone say a liberal/Patriot has there facts wrong, the problem is its usually just a bunch of name calling. I could say Bush is an idiot and conservatively have 49 different things that would prove me right. So Cyclone is wrong by what measure or fact, give us something to sway us, hell were liberals we will believe anything.

Sean

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon 4:47

Normally I would agree with you. The problem with trolls is that their only interest is antogonism, not argument, not trying to sway by information. You notice that Bush uses the same tactic, a bit more sophisticated, but essentially the same. In the case of a national leader, he promotes divisions, not try to promote consensus.

As with Bush and crew, trolls also need to be exposed for what they do and how they do it.

The interesting thing about the 12:26 comment is that he says, "you only want to hear the words of those who follow your words". Anon is taking for granted that all of the posts on this site have 100% agreement on the conclusions or the information presented. This is obviously not true. We may agree most of the time with most of the conclusions and information, but it is not 100%, which is good, need imput that shows where you could be off base. I remember back some time at this site where we had rather spirited debate concerning primarily conclusions on observations and expect it will happen again.

I find it interesting that the ideologs with the neocons appear to do exactly what they accuse here.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stoney,

Right on. However, please discontinue insulting my male chickens by associating them with trolls. lol

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger cyclone said...

anonymous 4:47,

My email address is not, and has never been, a secret. So, my ip address can be easily found, though I have no idea what it is. I can be reached at:

cyclone@cyclonesrealdeal.com

I respond to every email as soon as I get a chance.

You do make some valid points, and I would be happy to discuss them with you further. Simply send me an email, and we will engage.

Thanks for your input, it will be considered and not taken lightly should a similar situation arise in the future.

Cyclone

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger cyclone said...

anon 4:47,

One thing I forgot to mention. I think that perhaps you should re-read the thread and perhaps take another look at who was trying to intimidate who. Death games? Snuff films? I think you get my drift. Thanks,

Cyclone

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was anon 4:45 who mentioned violent games and snuff films. I originally read that as some guy mocking anon 12:26.

and then when you posted saying that 12:26 and 5:45 were the same guy and that made be believe further that 4:45 was another guy. I actually thought you had read wrong when you were talking about games in your post. but you can check the numbers so you should know.

-anon 4:47

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

anon 4:47,

They are all one and the same. I should have been more clear. My apologies,

Cyclone

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger stoney13 said...

Anonymous 4:47

Yea, we're all abou the truth! That's why I signed my cimment, and even gave my mailing and e-mail address! (Kinda shoots you theory down in flames!)

As far as snuff films, and violent video games, once you've done the real thing, it gets real old, real quick! You look for something else to do for fun! That's why I know this clown is nothing more than a troll trying to get his rocks off by spouting shit about things he doesn't know shit about! Sot of like his hero GWB, who saved the blue skies of Alabama of the Viet-cong!

When you look at this shit from all sides, you can figure out who slinging shit and who's got something relevant to say! Believe me, this "Anonymous 12:26, 4:45, and 5:24" is NOT a false flag attack! We don't do shit like that on this blog! None of us do! We don't need to!

Niether do we skulk about in Cyberspace dreaming up ways to piss bile on everything good and pure! Most of us are average people who are sick of watching our rights trampled on by a right-wing nut-job!!!

Some of us are from different countries and try to help shed al9ittle light on subjects not covered in the American Press (A "Radio Free America" if you will!)

I for one do not like trolls, and I will eat them alive whenever I find them, and I make no appologies for it!

We don't want to kill your spouse, rape your dog, or burn your church! We just want America to stand by the principles envisioned by The Founding Fathers! Don't you?

Your serve!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger stoney13 said...

Murph,

Please relay to your male chickens my profound appologies! I was taking about another sort of "cock"!

In the matter of Anonymous of many comments, this sort of "cock" analogy works well, since he probably hangs around with a couple of nuts all day. Even though he does have a head, it contains no brain! His next door neighbor is most likely an asshole, and his best friend is probably a pussy! He also seems to be kept in the dark most of the time, and is only let out when he stiffens up! However, he probably gets limber again, if you beat him hard enough!

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyclone,
your most excellent post,god the shit that we go through to reach a level where a notion of love is approached and accepted as yep thats it!
i feel your pain my friend and even more now that my father whom i had the absolute love for is gone and long for to this day just to talk with about all the things that never got talked about, i miss him awful.

Stoney you give really good words, the creatins that are so confused about who and what they are is really sad but that is the way of it,and i would rather take the hand of the lost soul that comes here to express their lossness, so as not to push them further into the darkness that surrounds them,anon 12:26 find some peace here at this counsel fire, just ask,there are friends here that love you and will talk with you,we are all renegades in this place, not traitors, there is a difference you know,the world is going to hell in a handbasket at the hands of the people that hold the reins of power at this moment and are you satisfied with all the brothers and sisters that are comeing home in a box??? not to mention the horrendus number of women and children that are dying at the hands of the monsters in washing dc that themselfs have not been to war nor will they send their children to join the warriors with missing body parts coming home to try to have some kind of life,will you sign up , take up a gun and go kill children half way round the world.?? if so do that and then come back and talk with us, we will listen if you still have a mouth to talk with.

montana freeman
dean_allison@hotmail.com
box 212
hot strings, mt
59845

peace
aho

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a comfort to hear from you, Montana Freeman. We need you to bring us back to our center.
aho

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now, for something completely different...



After An Ice Storm On The Allegheny Plateau

Beyond the sumac tangle, where a thinning father saws,
a grandmother shagbark hickory sags with loss.
Split limbs scrape like clay shards tied in wind. Wind
the sawyer knows and ice conspire some bad years
to open crowns and let a good sun in. He revs
his Stihl. Green pulp sprays from kerfs and sticks
to boots, consecrating snow like scattered ash.

You stand a distance off and dream the taut trunk limber.
Remember a girl, smart, green as whip? You loved her.
This ancient snag, lithe in youth, was left by men
long dead for shade. You like to think she chose her ground,
bolted free of gloom so deep a bright moon hurt, and ran,
breaching walls to reach this mid-field stance. You're
confused. The figure you remember kept running.

Some bad years snap the stoutest dreams like twigs.
Cures fail. Stunned villagers inter a shining son.
A wife says 'leave.' Once each life thin fathers
flesh-out plans to restack stones, slash brush
and honour the old delineations. Buck the shattered way
life doesn't go. Toss rounds to boys who still trust dreams
and cart your grief like cordwood home in snow.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rockpicker,
i think you must spend many hours alone to be able to string words together the way you do.
Very beautiful indeed. i think we've eaten lunch in the same snowbank in another life and chased the flakes with our toungs catching them before they hit the ground, yessirre i truly do.
peace my brother.
mf
aho

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger stoney13 said...

Montana Freeman,

Thanks for reaching out to the troll with the hand of peace and friendship. It's more than I can do right now. I just learned that another young cousin of mine is headed to Iraq in February. That makes five of the young people in my family in that sandy-assed Hell!

I'm not too worried about this one though! He attacked a frieght train with stolen lawn furniture while wearing a "Scream" mask! The poor Norfolk Southern crew is probably STILL in therapy! He accomplished this grand maneuver when he was only sixteen years old! I almost feel sorry for Rumsfeld (just not TOO sorry!) He doesn't know what he's got on his hands now!

Still it pisses me off no end to hear about some shit-for-brains talking about watching snuff-fiolms and playing video games when you've got friends and family fighting "Boosh's" war for him! It pisses me off even more to be called a traitor for keeping my oath to my country!

I will welcome "Anonymous" to this council fire, though. If he has something relavant to say, I will hear it, and consider his words well. We all will.

However if he decides to start up with the bullshit and troll behaviour, I can deal with that too! I think we can all do that much for the poor sad bastard!

Maybee we can take up a collection to get him something with "Windows 98!"

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stoney,

Well said. Thank you.

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, Hear.

Belgium

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Stoney, when i read your comment i suddenly realized the connection that peace means speak your peace. thank you for bringing it to my mind ....

my arms are uplifted,...rain on me great spirit and all that inhabit this council fire that we join together and let the healing energies of each and every one of us that choose to bring peace to this earth go forth.


i heard the bison cry and they knew it was their time to die.

peace my brothers
mf
ahd

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

aaron (uk),

Thanks for the link. I guess the propaganda machine is running full bore!

Cyclone

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Lilac,

Yes, their position stems from weakness. Thanks for the kind words,

Cyclone

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Belgium,

Yes, that is a very important quality to this place. We can take what the goons dish out, respond in a semi-reserved fashion, then watch as they wither away to another site where they draw a much more exciting (for them) response. Pathetic, actually. But, choose to deal with reality and for the most part leave the fools to quickly depart.

Cyclone

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Drummer,

I personally wish that you would post more often. As I recall, you have in the past had some inciteful comments. Thanks,

Cyclone

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

freeacre,

The last paragraph in your post is perhaps the most telling. It is indeed frightening. Thank you for appreciating the post,

Cyclone

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Professor,

I admit that there is truth to what you say. I did say "try" to forgive, didn't I? No guarantees there, though I do not want to become one of "them."

Cyclone

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Reality,

Thank you. Your comments mean a lot to me,

Cyclone

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Sean,

Thanks, as always, for your continued support.

Cyclone

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Ely,

You will unfortunately not receive a response from the person you seek out. We have both seen the type far too often, there is no substance there, and no leg to stand on. Thanks for the kind words,

Cyclone

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Stoney,

Thank you. I noticed, in looking back, that yesterday was the first birthday of the Real Deal. I think you were one of the first 4 people to comment on this blog. Thanks for hanging in there and for your continued support. And, thanks for having my back!

Cyclone

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

montana freeman,

Thank you. You bring a perspective to the Real Deal that cannot be replaced, and it is appreciated more than you will ever know.

Cyclone

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger stoney13 said...

Cyclone,

THANK YOU, my brother! For without you, what would we have? YOU brought us all together in this cold place by kindling and feeding a council fire for all to see and join.

You made "The Real Deal" and brought us all together. I said in the past that I often wonder if our children and grandchildren will study and learn about this man named Cyclone, who saw with True Eyes what the future would hold at a time in history many refused to see it.

Many times I wonder just what great tree will grow from this tiny seed that you have so lovingly planted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home