Saturday, February 18, 2006

Homeland Security? I Think Not; Plus A Thought

As his poll numbers continue to slide, George W. Boosh reminds us daily that he is a "wartime president" and that his duty is to "protect the American people." Protect the American people? With our porous borders, and his proposal for an illegal worker "amnesty program" or whatever he wants to call it today, how serious is he about this? Not very, apparently.

Our new method of Homeland Security includes the selling of six US ports to the United Arab Emirates. That's correct, selling our ports to an outfit that refuses to recognize Israel's right to exist and supports the Taliban in its bid to regain control of Afghanistan. Never mind that approximately 50% of the US population lives within 100 miles of these ports. The ports involved are; New York, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Baltimore, Miami and New Orleans.

A very interesting way to "protect the American people." By giving control of our most strategic ports to a bunch of Muslim Jihadists, with obvious ties to radical Islam. This decision was led by John Snow and a secret group of advisors, the same group that recommended not blocking China's attempt to purchase the oil giant Unocal. Not that the oil recommendation should be a tip off or anything, but it begs the question. What the hell is this administration thinking about?

We fight wars allegedly to "fight them over there instead of here." Yet, we plan to give up control of virtually every "by sea" entryway of importance to those who are essentially the enemy. Who is kidding who here? This decision has even awakened the slumbering Congress of the United States, who are literally begging Boosh to reconsider this action. So far, Boosh has ignored their pleas, and it appears to be a done deal.

While we claim that allowing Iran access to nuclear weapons is the worst possible scenario for our safety, at the same time we give those that hate us the most control of the easiest pathway into our country. Who needs nukes when you can ship any other weapon into the country with nary a gander by US authorities? Need a rocket propelled grenade? Just send it through Baltimore, and one of the various terrorists who we admit are already here can drive and pick it up. Shoulder fired missle? Head to Philadelphia. And on, and on.

While it has been clear for a long time that the "fight them there...." is pure bullshit, it is now obvious that Boosh has no intentions of masking his disdain for the American public at large any longer. Granted, the man is incompetent. Also not very smart. But at least in the past he has lamely attempted to hide it. No longer. Selling our ports to the enemy is in every way a declaration to the American people that they can go screw themselves, this is all about money. Our safety is clearly not even a passing thought, something that Boosh is all but admitting with this move. Unbelievable. All I can say is, "bring on the crash." It's the only thing that can save us.

Cyclone


A Thought for the Near Future

I have been thinking about what to do with this place while I am off during surgery and recovery. Through the comments and emails that I receive from all of you, it is obvious to me that many of you have some important things to say. And many can say it quite well, usually better than I can. So, here's my thought.

During my time off, anyone who wants to write something that they feel is important and timely, do so. Then email it to me. I'll go over what is sent and publish what I think is relevant and reasonably well written. I won't change anything other than obvious misspellings, as I am by no means an editor.(I think that was rather sternly pointed out to me a while back) I also feel that changing things might take away from what the author intended to convey. I would suggest the topic be related to ways to prepare for the future, but am open to anything. If this idea takes off and proves workable, we could continue it after my return for weekend posts. You would get full credit for it. You can even do it anonymously if you want to.

One obvious rule must be followed, though. Don't copy someone else's work, even if you say it is someone else's. I don't want a lawsuit on my hands, and copyright laws are quite complex. If you need to quote someone fine, but make sure that it is clear that it is a quote. But, don't copy an entire article and try to print it here, I won't do it. That takes permission, and I'm not going to seek permission from a bunch of people that I don't know. Plus, I want your ideas, not someone else's.

After Monday, I should be able to read some stuff and put one of your posts up I would think. It would help me out, give you all an opportunity to have your say, and keep the site going as I recover. Just look over what has been written here in the past and try to keep things at approximately the same length as my posts. I don't want to publish your first novel.

Just an idea, let me know what you all think.


Boosh quote for the Day:

"They can get in line like those who have been here legally and have been working to become a citizenship in a legal manner."

George W. Boosh, on immigrant workers, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2004


Cyclone

11 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An aside. I cannot find again the news site that I recently read praporting that the Bush Administration wants to sell key ports in the U.S. to the Arabs, including Baltimore and New Orleans. If I can find it again I will post a link to it. Defend our boarders huh?

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

homelands security, a joke. great idea on letting ohters post stuff.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. or Ms. Murph,

If you google united arab emirates you can find it all over the place.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks anonymous. I see so much stuff that if I don't pay attention and bookmark it in some way, I lose track where I found it. That one I just lost entirely.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous, lol forgot. This murph is mr.

On the previous stuff, I find it remarkable that the government would sell ports to anyone, expecially key ports. They must have plans to reduce this country to pre industrial status.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a bizzar turn of events to say the least. The first thing that comes to mind is money, why else right? It could also help keep this so called war on terrorism going by letting these dinks have a easier shot at us, thus Bush would come out and say we need to do more lets barrow and spend more tax payer money.

I guess the elites plan on leaving anyway so why should they care about a couple of ports. And where would they move to? It seems that comgress if they knew what was going on better get thier acts together and do something. I can't wait to hear what the maistream has to say about all of this. Everyone knows what the definition of insanty is, I guess we need to sent that to the congress. I would have said our congress but it wouldnt have be the truth.

Sean

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing is for sure, I will bet that the dollar in your pocket will not go further as a result of this sell off. A few weeks ago I remember reading (maybe it was here but not sure now) that someone had seen a map of the USA with large tracts coloured in which had been put up as security for Treasury Bonds used to underpin foreign debt. Maybe this is the start of creditors calling their markers in? Even if it is not this and real money does change hands I suspect it will not come close to bringing America’s current account to a line of zeros, ignoring the effect of the Federal Reserve. Perhaps it will allow the current administration to delegate the next military adventure to soldiers of fortune.

These Bush quotes are knocking me out and to think we made fun of Dan Quail, but then it was not so bad because we always knew he had a boss that could knock him into line.

& Cyclone – your e-mail address is?

From Belgium

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Murph,

Bingo. Population reduction at it's finest. Just begging for another terrorist attack, and hoping for one that is clearly foreign related, rather than another 9/11 which seems to keep begging for pesky questions.

Cyclone

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

Sean,

The elite aren't going anywhere except to remain in their holes until the dust settles, then they'll re-start a less populated America. I think it's more of a monetary thing, trying to hold onto a vaporizing economy as long as possible. If we can keep the Arab's happy and prevent them from calling in loans long enough to figure a way to invade Iran......it never stops. The illusion, that is. The economy is way beyond saving.

Cyclone

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger cyclone said...

My Belgian mate,

This economy is way past saving, but I think you may be right. A last gasp effort to keep up the illusion that things are hunky dory, plus keep some Arab's from calling in those markers for a little longer. As for Quayle, if you remember, I put that Boosh made Quayle look like Einstein on the very first one. I was amazed when I started reading the crap from Boosh. With Quayle, you got a good one every week or two. With Boosh, you have to pick from 2 or 3 per day, and it's tough. The guy is simply a blithering idiot. Were he not President, no one would be interested in one word he had to say, ever. And put a microphone in front of him? Not on your life. He would be laughed out of wherever he was. He belongs in a redneck bar in Beeville, Texas, drinking Pabst with the Air Force mechanics. Probably wouldn't be welcome, though. Oh, the email address. cyclone@cyclonesrealdeal.com. Simple enough.

Cyclone

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous Sean,

I wanted to answer you in the newer post messages. From the previous post exchange, we were talking about how to change the framework of government so it could not be taken over again. One way to start is by making a list of how a government could be taken over.
1. Superior external military force
2. Military coup.
3. Popular Uprising
4. Changing the rules by a gradual process. This is what has happened to the U.S. government.

If you can think of any others please post it.

The first one, obviously cannot be made impossible by internal organization.
The second, we have managed to avoid by the current structure, but it is shaky even then.
The third, is normally associated with revolution. When a large segment of the population is very dissatisfied, you get a revolution, usually when they no longer have anything left to lose. It can also be in the manner of propaganda to convince a large segment of the population that it is to their advantage to either keep in power a tyrant or to change who is running the show. We had that happen pretty much with the current administration.
The fourth method is usually a slow process, and is what has happened to this country over about 150 years.

So we have to concentrate on the last 3 means.

It appears to me that having a military coup is usually associated with a non voluntary military, and its officers predominately put in place based on political connections rather than merit.

A popular uprising simply will not happen if the population is not desperate. Not going to happen if the society is fair and just.

So, the 4th means is where we concentrate.

Comments?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home