Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Poem From A Friend

Today, I am going to post a poem that was written by a friend who posts frequently on Alternet. I think it is important that others read this. I will leave it at that, as it should stand on its' own.



Grieving For Falluja, Election Day, 2005

I'm sitting empty in a cold house,
awaiting the old tread of boots
sent to kick in all loose-hinged hearts.
The angry hands of those with much to lose,
I imagine, close on me.
They drag me burning, unquenchably,
into their unmooned dark.

A chilled cup of tea upon the table
is how my neighbors find me gone.
No sign of struggle. No skeletal sneer.
Only the storm door banging mad in wind.


-rockpicker


Thanks, rockpicker, for giving permission to post this.

Cyclone

3 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger stoney13 said...

Rockpicker needs to publish this stuff!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger stoney13 said...

Istill haven't gotten that email from Alternet. They tried to hijack my email service! I don't know if it even went through!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger cyclone said...

I agree wholeheartedly. Rockpicker has some serious talent!

Cyclone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home